Fundamentals of Travel Health for Practice Nurses - Back to Basics
Galway - POSTPONED TILL 2021 due to COVID-19, please email to register your interest
Postponed till 2021 at 09.00 - 16.30
Location: Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit, Co Galway
NMBI Category One Approved - 6 NMBI CEUs.
This course is designed for Practice Nurses who are currently working in a General Practice or Occupational Health setting, who are new to the field of travel health and those who are wishing to update and expand their knowledge.
Speakers: Patricia Brady RGN, Jane Campion RGN MHsc, both have Dip in Tropical Nursing (RCSI) and extensive experience in education and running Travel Health clinics.
Fee includes refreshments and a light lunch €95. Early booking is essential as places are limited.
1) Running a Travel Health Clinic - Focus on Role of Dr / Nurse, Equipment, Resources required. On-going education, Documentation & Medication Management.
2) Risk Avoidance/ Patient Education - Focus on Food & water, Swimming, Sun, Insect bite protection, Rabies, Jet Lag, Travellers Diarrhoea risks.
3) Immunisation Update /Revision - Principals of immunisation. Live, non-live vaccines
4) Yellow Fever, An overview - International Health Regulation, YF Licence, vaccine precautions.
5) Pre-Travel Assessment - Focus on Single Country / Multiple country trips, Back-packer, Family Trips, (Case studies and group participation).
6) Travel Vaccine Schedules - Focus on common / less common travel vaccines, Interrupted schedules and the’ Last-Minute’ Traveller
7) Vaccine Planning & Case Studies
8) Questions & Answers
Course requirements: Registered with NMBI and an interest in Travel Medicine & Health. Participants will already be providing childhood immunisations and should be familiar with HSE Immunisation Foundation and National Anaphylaxis Education programmes for Healthcare Professionals (HSELand online).
To secure your place click on the Book Now tab below, it will bring you to a secure link for payment. (Revolut payments not accepted). POSTPONED TILL 2021 due to COVID-19.
If you would like a course run in your own area this can be arranged if you have a large group of interested participants. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Name, Email, Tel Number and Location/Area.
Please note numbers are limited to facilitate Q&As and discussion, places are allocated on a first come basis.
Cancellations or postponements must be made in writing (email). Cancellations >14 days in advance of the course – 100% refund. Cancellations 8-13 days in advance of the course – 50% refund. Cancellations 7 days or less in advance of the course – no refund Courses are run subject to minimum numbers