Heartsaver AED for Healthcare Assistants
Tuesday 16th July 2019 at 13.00-17.00
The aim of the Heartsaver AED course is to equip the participant with the relevant knowledge and skills to deliver a range of life saving techniques in an emergency situation. Participants will learn basic techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the relief of choking for adults, children and infants.
The Course is suitable for: For anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet regulatory or other requirements. Ideal for Healthcare Assistants and administrative staff in health centres.
- Adult CPR
- Mouth-to-mouth, mouth-to-barrier/mask ventilation
- Foreign-body airway obstruction (conscious and unconscious)
- Automated external defibrillation
- Special resuscitation situations
- Child CPR, AED use and choking (optional modules)
- Infant CPR and choking (optional modules)
Certification: Irish Heart Foundation / American Heart Association course completion card will be upon successfully completing the course. This certification is valid for 2 years and is recognised internationally.
Group discounts and dates available, please enquire.